Alistair is a member of Rix & Kay’s Dispute Resolution Team based Brighton & Hove, on the South Coast. He specialises in high value cross-border litigation with a particular focus on and strong knowledge of claims involving wills, trusts and estates where the tracing and recovery of trust assets out of the jurisdiction often plays a pivotal role. Alistair also advises on all aspects of claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975.
Alistair is a full member of ACTAPS, (Association of Contentious Trust & Probate Specialists) and one of only a few fully certified lawyers in the region who can provide specialist advice and support to clients who need guidance on trusts and wills disputes
Alistair is also a commercial litigator with a proven track record in dealing with high value disputes including director and shareholder disputes with clients including HNWI’s, owner-managed business and entrepreneurs.
Alistair has been an accredited mediator with CEDR since 1999. Alistair has experience both sitting as mediator and representing clients through the process and is therefore well placed to advise clients on all aspects of alternative dispute resolution and avoidance.
Areas of expertise
- Disputes relating to the validity and/or meaning of a will or a codicil
- Claims for financial provision from an estate under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975
- Disputes between beneficiaries and trustees/personal representatives (executors), including applications to remove trustees/personal representatives (executors)
- Breach of trust claims
- Disputes between trustees/personal representatives/executors
- Disputes between the beneficiaries of a trust or a will
- Claims in negligence against professionals such as will draftsmen or those administering an estate